LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY
JOB TITLE: Residence Customer Service Assistant
Purpose of the post
The post holder will work as a member of the Student Accommodation Team at Dante Road supporting the delivery of the day-to-day operations of a high quality and efficient student accommodation service, which is in line with the evolving accommodation strategy.
The post holder will have a passion for customer service and shall naturally prioritise the Student Experience in the department’s processes and operational delivery.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
Note: The following is an indicative description of the tasks that the post holder will be expected to provide. The frequency of activities will be dictated by the time of the year and the student-based cycle of events. The description of the work is not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to carry out relevant and related tasks as and when required.
1. Ensure an outstanding level of customer service is delivered to the Residents at all times, whether face to face or through written communications.
2. Work with the Residence Customer Service Manager and Deputy monitoring the Incident Reports and assisting with disciplinary issues (letter writing/updating disciplinary tracker/note taking through local investigations).
3. Trained on CAFM system used by the Residence Customer Service Team and maintenance teams, to ensure that any work orders requested by customers are actioned and completed within the designated SLA, communicating with student residents keeping them updated with any progress.
4. Maintain a mailing list and send out communications to Residents as required.
5. Undertake administrative duties associated to the outcomes of the weekly fire checks undertaken by the RLAs, keeping a tracker and updating on actions.
6. Undertake any ad-hoc administrative duties that may be required as directed by the Residence Customer Service Manager.
7. Acknowledge any complaints receive from Students, contractors, visitors or staff through ensuring they processed to the appropriate personnel for action.
8. Support any administrative tasks requested in relation to updating the Shared drive and the KX system (training on KX system, Accommodation Software, to be provided).
9. Maintain records on occupancy levels using a tracking system and liaising with the Accommodation Staff on changes.
10. Assist the Accommodation office in delivering student debt letters.
11. Carry out room inspections as directed by the Residence Customer Service Manager, updating condition trackers and inventories on findings and processing any actions.
12. Advise student residents on any issues that may arise and, where appropriate, refer them onto the relevant support service.
13. Carry out welfare checks on students if required.
14. Liaise with reception staff on day to day sharing accommodation information
A. Experience of working in a HE sector is desirable.
B. A proven track record of delivering service excellence to internal and external stakeholders and can demonstrate how this is embedded into their day-to-day operational delivery.
C. An understanding of Health & Safety and how it is applied to accommodation operations.
D. Proven track record of proactive working on own initiative and how deadlines are set to ensure work is completed to required standards.
E. Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks showing how this is applied to the day-to-day operations of the business.
F. Willingness to understand codes of practice/standards, legal and contractual responsibilities relating to accommodation management.
G. Knowledge of using a CAFM, Kinetics and Agresso financial packages or similar software solutions is desirable
H. The ability to demonstrate an understanding of equality, diversity and inclusivity and its practical application.
You can also use your social account to sign in. First you need to: